I've been looking for a good eggless banana bread recipe to have while nursing Jack, and I found it! This was the first recipe I tried, and didn't have high expectations, but it turned out AMAZING! Possibly the best banana bread I've ever had, actually. I wasn't originally planning on sharing this recipe, because I thought it may take a few tweaks to get it right, but we ended up eating it right out of the pan. These are the only scraps that were left haha. SO GOOD!
Original recipe found HERE.
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes all-purpose baking mix (can sub for whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg powder
- 4 very ripe bananas, medium to large
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup plus 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the spices. Set aside.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan, and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas well. Add the sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture until just combined, do not over-mix. Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick but spreadable.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and smooth the top, sprinkling on more chocolate chips if you like.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no wet batter. Cover the top loosely with foil in the last 10 minutes of baking if the top is browning too quickly.
- Allow the cake to cool before slicing, and enjoy!