I had this chia seed pudding for breakfast yesterday, and it was such a delicious way to change up my breakfast! Since I can't have eggs right now (because Jack is sensitive to them), I'm trying out different recipes to have in the morning, and this will definitely be added into the rotation.
**recipe modified from HERE
- 1/2 cup chia seeds, divided
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup Ideal Raw chocolate protein (use SWOLE for 10% off), or 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, add 5 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 1/3 cups milk, protein powder or cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, add 2 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds, 2/3 cup milk, peanut butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Place both bowls in the fridge. Let them sit overnight, or at least 3 hours.
- To arrange, scoop desired amount of chocolate chia seed pudding into a cup or bowl, top with a scoop of peanut butter chia seed pudding, then another chocolate layer. Top with whatever you’d like! I did banana slices, chopped JoJo's dark chocolate (use SWOLE10 for 10% off), and unsweetened coconut flakes!