Curry is my all-time favourite dinner, and it's the perfect way to sneak a ton of vegetables into a meal. You can add in ANYTHING - mushrooms, peppers, squash, tomatoes, snap peas, etc. This recipe is really creamy and always satisfies my cravings. I've made it with both red curry paste and green curry paste, and they're both awesome!
**Recipe from HERE
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1″ pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- half a yellow onion, sliced
- 1" piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red or green Thai curry paste (red is a bit spicier)
- 16 ounce can coconut cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat a wok or your largest skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and cook the chicken breast until golden brown and cooked thru, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- With the heat still over high, melt another tablespoon of coconut oil in the wok. Add in all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables until starting to brown slightly on the edges, but still crisp tender, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the thai curry paste and stir to combine. Add in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Add the chicken back in, and cook for another few minutes until heated through.
- Spoon the coconut chicken thai curry over your favourite kind of rice (I love it with brown or cauliflower rice). Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if you like extra spice!