I had this for dinner last week, and it was SO good. I'm going to be sad when it starts warming up even more, because soups and warm crockpot meals get a little too hot to eat. I may have been sweating while eating this, but it was so worth it! It would also be a perfect freezer meal to make before having a baby!
**Original recipe from HERE
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2-3 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 14.5 oz. can pinto beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes to slow cooker.
Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with pinto beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir.
Allow to cook until heated through.
Serve warm. Top with plain greek yogurt and avocado.