I've had a couple of boxes of Kodiak Cakes all-purpose baking flour that I got from attending some events with them, and finally got around to trying it out yesterday! I wasn't sure how this recipe would turn out, but the baking flour worked perfectly (phew), and the muffins turned out great!
My sister always complains that I use nut butter in treats that I bake (she's allergic to them), so I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips in 4 of the muffins, and peanut butter JoJo's Dark Chocolate bark in the others. Both were good, but JoJo's chocolate will always be my favourite.
- 1 and 1/4 cups Kodiak Cakes all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup JoJo's Dark Chocolate, chopped (use "SWOLE10" for 10% off!)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a muffin tray with a little avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the maple syrup, coconut sugar, yogurt, butter, beaten egg, and vanilla together until no coconut sugar lumps remain and everything is combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until combined - do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups only about halfway. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.