Little Jack's skin is just the absolute worst, and NOTHING seems to help him. I've taken him in to the dermatologist and pediatrician multiple times, and the poor guy doesn't seem to be getting any better. They don't think it's eczema, but rather severe seborrhea that is manifesting itself all over his body. He constantly has scabs are sores on his head, but his body is covered in redness, and it breaks my heart because I can't do anything to help (apparently it's just something he'll grow out of).
His pediatrician isn't sure if there is a food allergy relation to other skin issues or not, but I figured cutting out dairy from my diet is worth trying, because at least it's SOMETHING I can do!
I reached out on Instagram last week to ask for good dairy-free recommendations from other mamas who've cut it out for their babies, or from any vegan, vegetarian, paleo, etc., followers, and below is a list of the most popular recommendations, along with ones I've loved even though I haven't been dairy-free!
- Nada Moo (I bought some last week, and it really is SO good! I'd eat it even if I was still eating dairy)
- Ben & Jerry's Non-Dairy (haven't tried)
- So Delicious (haven't tried)
- JoJo's Dark Chocolate (this stuff is AMAZING, and I eat it every single day. Use "SWOLE10" for a 10% discount!)
- Enjoy Life Foods (I've also been eating these for years, and bake with the chocolate chips all the time!)
- Square Organics (I always eat these, so thank heavens they're dairy- free! You can get 20% off with "goodfortheswole)
- Kite Hill (I've always loved their cream cheese, but haven't heard great things about their yogurt)
- Trader Joes almond cheese
- Mikoyokes cheese
- Trader Joes coconut milk yogurt
- So Delicious yogurt
- Yoso yogurt
Primal Kitchen (their salad dressings are great!)