Happy Monday! We all flew to Utah on Saturday, and will be here until Thursday, and I'm excited to spend the week with my family! I miss living by them so much.
I've been meaning to share this recipe I tried a few weeks ago (before Jack was born, actually), but I keep forgetting! It's so flavourful and it has so many great ingredients! I'll eat anything haha, but both Jordan and Piper ate it up, so I'm considering it a win!
Let me know if you try it out!!!
**Original recipe found HERE.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A sprinkle of pink salt, pepper, thyme & rosemary
- 1 large apple
- 1 bunch parsley (about 1 cup), minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme & rosemary. Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. When they are golden brown and soft, remove from oven and set aside.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake to combine. Chop the apple and set aside.
- When the grains and vegetables are done, toss everything together in a large bowl and serve!