I JUST finished writing this post, and obviously it was just all around a good time, but then Piper came over and started rolling around on my laptop (normal behaviour orrr....?). The post got deleted, and here I am having to start all over. I was going to just call a spade a spade, and forget about it, BUT THIS RECIPE IS TOO GOOD!!
I made it a couple of times last week, and it's actually really good refrigerated and eaten cold too. I may or may not have eaten a slice with breakfast one morning. I don't know why I'm trying to be subtle. Of course I did that, because #hello, I am #preggers and #girlsgottaeat.
I got the recipe from one of my very favourite healthy instagrammers and bloggers - Rachael's Good Eats. I wish I could take the credit for this though. So good for curbing the sweet tooth, and enjoying something sweet without pumping your body full of cr*p.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, or raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup nut butter (I used Crazy Richard's Cashew Butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour,OR sub 1 cup oat flour, OR 1/3 cup coconut flour (that's what I used)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ Eating Evolved Midnight Coconut Chocolate Bar (no added sugar), chopped into small pieces
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 8-inch cast iron skillet, a baking dish, cake tin, or loaf tin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk egg in large bowl then pour in syrup (or honey), melted coconut oil, nut butter, vanilla and almond milk to whisk again.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and some of the sea salt. Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
- Very lightly spray an 8-inch cast iron skillet, then pour batter into the base and spread out evenly. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then place in the oven for 19 minutes on the center rack. Turn the oven on broil and cook 1- 1½ additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because it can burn quickly!