I don't know what it is, but I have been CRAVING acai bowls lately. I partly blame it on baby boy, but also, acai bowls are freakin' tasty, so it's no surprise. I bought a packet of unsweetened acai from Sprouts the other week, and when I woke up one morning with a sore throat, I got straight to work on this number. It was honestly AMAZING!!
I've mentioned this a few times, but I try to get in a good amount of protein and fats with my breakfast because it really keeps me full, fires my metabolism, and curbs cravings later on in the day. Acai bowls are usually almost all carbohydrates, so I vamped it up a bit to make sure I still got in my protein and fats.
- 1 frozen packet of unsweetened Sambazon acai
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 -3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I put in about 1 cup with this smoothie, and it was still SO good, but I want it much thicker next time)
- 1 scoop IdealRaw peanut butter chocolate protein (10% off with "SWOLE")
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- Handful of ice
- Toppings: berries, banana, coconut flakes, granola, cacao nibs, natural peanut butter, etc.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until you get the thickness you want. Start by adding less liquid, and add more and more until you reach desired texture.
- Top with whatever you want! In this one ^^ I used blueberries, strawberries, Love Crunch granola, and Crazy Richard's natural peanut butter!