Happy happy Friday!! This week I have felt soooo good compared to how I have been feeling! I don't feel nauseous anymore and that first trimester fatigue is slowly going away. I feel like a new woman!
I have been able to start cooking (and eating vegetables!!) again which has also helped me feel a little more normal. This week I made mexican street corn pasta salad and it was soooo good! I shared a picture on my Insta story and got a lot of requests for the recipe, so there we go!
I found the original recipe HERE, but adapted it a bit to fit my preferences. I hope you love it as much as we did!!
- 2 cups uncooked Banza pasta (made from chickpeas!)
- Chicken breast
- 3-4 corns on the cob (or 2 cans of corn)
- 1 large avocado
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- optional: 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods avocado oil mayo
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Pinch of pink salt & ground pepper
Cook pasta according to package. Rinse in cold water and dry. Cook chicken to your liking (I seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika). If using corn on cob, boil corn until lightly tender. Meanwhile: prep the veggies (cube avocado, dice green onion, loosely chop cilantro, finely chop jalapeno). Toss salad ingredients together into a bowl. Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss well and enjoy!