I posted these on Instagram last week before I had Piper, but I thought I'd share the recipe here! This is my current go-to recipe for protein balls because they are SO easy and SO.DANG.GOOD!!
I wanted some quick snack options to have on hand for after the hospital, and these have honestly been lifesavers! Before I had Piper, my life revolved around food and what I was going to eat next. Now, my life revolves around her and if she's eating enough/has enough wet diapers/sleeping enough etc. It's SO nice having something fast that I can grab while I nurse her.
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 scoops protein powder (I use IdealRaw chocolate protein - use "SWOLE" for 10% off)
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate **optional**
Mix all ingredients together, roll into little balls, and pop in the fridge for later!