I've seen tons of zucchini cookie/muffin/brownie recipes out there, but never tried it out because I gotta say, I'm not crazy about zucchini. It's just a little toooo slimy for my liking #nothanks. BUT Jordan requested some cookies one Sunday afternoon, and while browsing through Pinterest, this was the only healthy recipe that looked promising, and that I had all the ingredients for.
THEY WERE SO GOOD!!
I posted them on my Instagram a few weeks ago, and I've had so many comments, tags, etc. from people who tried the recipe, and loved it! Totally guilt free, and so, so tasty.
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 whole ones)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze out moisture with paper towel)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or Kodiak Cakes mix)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all ingredients up to coconut oil into a bowl and mix. Mix together dry ingredients and combine with the other mixture. Mix well. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Should make about 14 cookies.