This will probably be the first and last time I'll ever use this phase, but I literally can't even with these chocolate energy bites. THEY ARE SO GOOD!! I plan on making another batch of my regular protein ball energy bites to freeze for post baby, but I wanted to try a new combination as well to spice things up!
I love energy bites in general, but especially for post baby because they're a quick and easy snack, plus they're packed with nutrient dense ingredients to keep you full, PLUS a LOT of these ingredients are awesome for milk supply! **I put a little star next to all the ingredients that are beneficial for nursing mothers.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats**
- 3 tablespoons IdealRaw chocolate protein (10% off with SWOLE) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed**
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds**
- 1/4 cup chopped JoJo's dark chocolate
- dash of salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter**
- 1/3 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil**
- 1/3 cup almond flakes, crushed**
In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, chocolate protein or cocoa powder, 1/3 cup coconut, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, chocolate and salt.
In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil on the stove until completely melted and combined. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir well until fully combined.
In a separate small bowl, stir together the almond flakes and 1/4 cup coconut. Roll the oat mixture into balls, and then roll them around in the bowl of coconut and almonds for the outer coating (it helps if your hands are a little wet to stop it from getting too sticky). Place in the refrigerator to set.