Piper's FAVOURITE thing is to read books together. She brings a book to me about 100x a day (not exaggerating here) and backs up to sit on my lap while I read it to her. I love cuddling with her, and teaching her - it's crazy how much she's absorbing these days - BUT reading the same cycle of books gets reeeeeally old. We go to the library every week and pick out new ones which is fun, but I also wanted to build up our own collection!
Last week I asked for some good book recommendations for young toddlers on an Instagram story, and I got an overwhelming response! People are very passionate about their books haha. No but really, it was SO helpful! Piper's favourite books are the ones with flaps and things she can touch, so I tried categorizing the books into interactive ones, and regular board books. Hopefully it's helpful! And thank you mamas for sharing your recommendations with me!!!!
- Usborne (one of the top recommended)
- Anything by Jennifer Adams
- Anything by Sandra Boynton (one of the top recommended)
- Llama Llama (one of the top recommended)
- Where's Spot
INTERACTIVE (FLAPS/TOUCHY FEELY)
- Baby's Beach Ball
- Where's Baby's Belly Button
- Dear Zoo
- Touch and Lift First Words (one of the top recommended)
- Touch and Lift First Animals
- Slide and Find ABC Animals
- Little Fur Family
- The Very Busy Spider