I had another post I wanted to share today, but if we're being honest I am too tired to put in the effort haha. Instead, I'm keeping it nice and simple with a super easy slow cooker dinner! I made this a couple of weeks ago, and it will definitely be in the rotation from now on. Slow cookers = minimal prep and soup = filling and satisfying...so don't mind if I do!
- 1lb chicken sausage
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 32 oz organic chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup Horizon organic half and half
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or 2 tbsp almond flour)
Heat skillet over medium heat, and add chicken sausage. Once browned, stir in garlic. Add mixture to the bottom of crockpot. Add potatoes, onion, salt and pepper, and chicken stock to crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours (potatoes should be soft). 30 MINS BEFORE SERVING: whisk together flour and half and half, and add to crockpot along with kale. Cook on high for 30 minutes, until soup has slightly thickened. Add more seasoning if desired, and serve!